Thursday, November 8, 2012

To The King


Jesus would you near me be, I cannot settle on less

Lead not me into temptation here in this wilderness
Please give me strength for this race
Lest I faint and lose my pace
Lift my feeble hands when no strength remains
Oh that Thou alone would bear me maintain

To strive, to press til the crown I might win

To be used of Thee to plead men leave their sin
I, my life, will lie down for Thee
If Thou will give me grace to flee,
This wicked flesh full with sin
Thou must crucify this day and again 

Let me not be taken for a fool

To be allured by this world's deceit
Let me instead be of righteousness a tool
To be alone in thee used of thee complete
Keep thy own seal upon me dear King
To be Thine, my all and everything to thee I bring

Oh the vexation of soul

To behold this world of woe
Seeing those who make vanity their goal
And holiness their foe
Oh that it be not so

To behold the corruption 

Of blind men leading the same
To an eternity of torment and destruction
All the while these men are of Christ they claim
My soul can find no peace nor rest
Not anywhere but in my Saviour's breast

How depths of darkness and death

Did surround my soul
With nothing but my latest breath
Even this in which He did hold
I knew Him not who sought me
For His own for eternity His face to see

While I was in my sin and grief He did

Save this wretch and make her free
And under His shadow how I hid
That from sin and death I might flee
What a cross I did behold 
With new eyes and wonders untold

I once did play games and mock eternity

Living as though time did stand still
But then a glimpse of Thee did I see
And knew my frame would whither as a flower will
Time now I know is fleeting
Everlasting life or death is soon coming

Oh to be found spotless by Thee

May I blameless under thy judgment be
Only in Christ may I be found
Only charity and purity be seen to abound
Not one spot blemish nor wrinkle or blot
That the wife made ready to Him be brought

Oh Lord God that Thou wouldst save Thy remnant 

to be brought out of this world of grief 
That Thou might establish Thy people in Thy Covenant
Out of Thy mercy to give relief
To the captives, To the sheep that be Thine 
To have a thankful people to call "Mine"

To have a people, what a rarity,

Who would not for their own praise 
But for Thy praise alone have hearts full of charity,
With one desire to only upon thy face gaze
A people who murmur not at the bitter water
But their good Shepherd be all that matter

My cup, I know, is held by Thy hand

Oh would my heart Thou enlarge and expand
That I might love Thee more fervant
To burn with more passionate flame as thy servant
That I might become more nothing
For Thee to be everything

No comments:

Post a Comment